ATTENTION 2014-2023 Graduates
Are you ready to be a leader in your profession?
We want YOU for our 2023 Power of 10 Class!
The LVMA is excited to bring back the Veterinary Medical Association Executives' (VMAE) Power of 10 (P10) Leadership Development Program to veterinarians who have graduated during or after 2014. The purpose of the program is to engage and develop recent graduates with foundational skills in leadership, communication, and business.
Power of 10 Participants will:
- Work with a network of supporting peers with similar challenges
- Provide recent graduates with a learning experience that will benefit the individual (and the VMA, their practice, and their community)
- Develop fundamental understanding of leadership skills, personal branding, and emotional intelligence
- Gain understanding of communication styles and skills to enrich the veterinarian-client patient interaction
How P10 Works
Applications for the LVMA's 2023 Power of 10 Program are available now. Applications will be accepted through July 21, 2023. Selection of participants for 2023 will occur by July 24, 2023. The P10 Program will include one "kickoff" weekend and four one-day face-to-face meetings to be held on Wednesdays at the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine.
Kick Off Weekend - August 11-13
Friday, August 11
- Intro & Meet and Greet
- Group Dinner at Mike Anderson's
Saturday, August 12
- INSIGTS Training led by Dr. Heidi Hulon, Elanco
Sunday, August 13
- FRANK Communications Training led by Dr. Heidi Hulon, Elanco
The other four one-day face-to-face meetings will be held on one Wednesday each month at the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine and will cover topics such as Wellness, Compassion Fatigue, Legislative Issues, Financial Literacy, and AVMA PLIT. Detailed schedule to come.
There is no registration fee or tuition for the Power of 10 Program. Travel and other expenses of participants are expected to be paid by the participant or the participant's clinic. Lodging and meals during the Kickoff Weekend will be provided by the LVMA. The LVMA will reimburse one night's lodging for any participants travelling over 100 miles one-way to attend the one day programs. Lunches and refreshments during the programs will be provided.
All participants will be expected to attend the entirety of every session, except in the case of legitimate family emergency. All participants will receive complimentary registration to the 2024 LVMA Winter Meeting and be recognized at the Annual Business Meeting & Luncheon.
For more information, contact the LVMA Office at [email protected].